Sunday, May 16, 2010

The way to a (little) man's...



Obedience is through food (his stomach).

Thought I was going to say heart, huh? As a Momma I don't have to fight my way to his heart it's already mine, at least for now. I know one day he will grow up and his heart will go to another woman, but for now it belongs to me. The way to his obedience, though, is through food! As an almost 2 year old wearing 3t-4t clothes it is obvious that he enjoys eating. In fact he has yet to learn the word "hungry" to indicate his need for food he simply walks up to me and says "Momma. Eat." So, when I need his obedience and I know there is a treat already in mind I use it! The other day the kids and I made sugar cookies and I took full advantage of using them to get Caleb to take a bath (which is not usually a fight but this time he had cookies on the brain). I have not forsaken discipline to teach obedience but I do try to choose my battles :)


My little Man
The one who has my heart as much as I have his

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I cannot believe how big he is! I love how his little belly sticks out. Can't wait to see you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home