Friday, May 14, 2010

Chased By Rain

Our first adventure for today was our Garage Sale. I have been preparing for this sale for a couple of weeks, but it has definitely consumed my attention the last few days. We have a few things around the house that need replacing. We were given a new dining table that I am so excited about. It is just a plain black wooden table but it's just what I wanted.

I wanted a table like this for several reasons:
1. Ours was too big for the space. It has been since it was given to us. I never complained about the size because I would rather a table that is slightly too big than too small.
2. Ours was solid wood but had two glass pieces in the center - I don't think I even need to explain why I didn't like the glass - 3 kids
3. Ours had fabric seats and backs. Again - 3 kids. While the corduroy cleaned easily it was still a pain. Our new chairs (2 still needed) and bench (Matt will build) will be wooden.

I have sold our old table and chairs on craigslist and made enough to buy material for a bench. So I am trying to raise money to cover cost of chairs.

The girls also need new matresses for their beds. They are still sleeping on the used matresses that came with the bunkbeds when I bought them in October of '07. Natalie has requested a new matress for a while so I owe her a new one.

There are a few other 10 year old kitchen items I would like to replace as well!

All of that to say, with all of my hard work of getting ready and setting up for the garage sale we were run off just a few hours into it by the rain. It started as a slow drizzle and quickly progressed into a hard rain. Our garage is detached from our house and is set back in our yard so we threw everything into the back of the van and scrambled to get the rest into the garage. We were so soaked we had to change clothes.

It was quite the adventure and pretty fun at the same time! Here's hoping for the rain to hld off in the morning so that I can continue the sale!

( I will post pics of the new table next week after Matt finishes building the bench)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home